Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 5 - Picture of My Favorite Athlete




Dustin Pedroia
Boston Red Sox Second Baseman

Several years ago I decided I needed a favorite baseball team. Having watched Johnny Damon play for the Wranglers (years and years ago), I decided to choose the Boston Red Sox. Within a couple of years Johnny Damon moved to play for the Yankees, and now the Rays. My allegiance was formed with the Red Sox and there I stay.


My favorite athlete, since it is baseball season, is Dustin Pedroia of the Boston Red Sox. Pedroia has had to earn respect bit by bit over the years. He's had to overcome every skeptic and cynic who thought he was too slow, his swing was too violent or his body -- generously listed as 5-foot-9, 180 pounds -- was too tiny and fragile to have sustained success at this level. He certainly answered the critics, earning Rookie of the Year honors in his first full season and the MVP Award in his second. (Taken from an article )


Pedroia (a little scruffier this season) of the Red Sox tags out Julio Borbon of the Texas Rangers on Opening Day at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington on April 1, 2011 in Arlington, Texas.

Dustin Pedroia and the Red Sox might be off to a rough start this season,
but I am still right there cheering them on, just as a true fan should be!

No comments: